Now you will know everything about me.
1. Meeting Dan
2. Having Matisse
3. Seeing all of my nieces and nephews come in to the world. Truly amazing human beings
4. Getting married
5. Buying our apartment
6. Turning thirty and leaving my 20’s behind.
7. Becoming independent- knowing that you can rely on your good self.
8. Traveling- far too many good times and experiences to list individually.
9. Giving up smoking, meat and alcohol (the booze didn’t stick as much as the others).
10. Realising that the past is in the past.
11. Completing a Masters
12. When I understood Post Traumatic Stress Disorder my life changed and I let go a little.
13. Seeing that little thing smile every morning and watching her grow and change each day.
14. New York City!!!!! My most favourite place in the whole world made all the better for meeting up with Emma.
15. Getting together with my family
16. Speaking to my mum and dad.
17. Laughing, I love it. When my sister and I laugh together it’s my most cherished of times.
18. Catching up with my friends all of the times
19. Meeting new people and learning about them
20. That moment in Year 8 when I decided I wanted to be a writer.
21. Hearing my Dad say that he was proud of me in his speech at my 21st
22. That moment years later when I remembered that I wanted to be a writer and started actually writing
23. Every time I have tried at something and been unsuccessful.
24. Being happy and following an optimistic mindset
25. Exploring Buddhism, meditation and yoga. Incredible life altering things each of them individually.
27. When I decided I wanted to leave fear in the garbage
28. Abseiling down a 50 meter waterfall.
29. Listening to myself
30. Dreaming. I may be a bit of a gonna but it’s fun to give different things a bit of a shot.
31. Moving to Queensland when I turned 19 and then on to Melbourne.
32. Listening to my brother. He was right the guy wasn’t right for me.
33. Being stubborn. Good and bad I’ve learnt a lot from being stubborn but I’ve also had many highlights sticking to my guns and going after what I want.
34. Today was a highlight. I have a roof over my head, we are all healthy and happy and I have plenty of love around me. I Can’t ask for more than that!
That was a challenge and there was so much more that I wanted to include but I couldn’t be any more indulgent or sappy.
What are the highlights in your life? It’s hard to keep the list short isn’t it? It’s nice to reflect and be thankful for all of the moments.
I hope you have a great week.